Yukon Fall Adventure
Join us in the Yukon this fall for Northern Lights, canoeing the Tahini River, hiking in Kluane National Park, puppies and more! This bucket list 4 night getaway includes accommodations in cabins, all meals, transportation (once arrived in the Yukon) and more! Limited Spots available. Payment Plan available at checkout!
September 15-19, 2019
About this Adventure…
Escape to the beautiful Yukon and experience a true Northern Canadian getaway. This small group getaway designed for just 8 women will have you on a private guided hike through Kluane National Park, paddling down the ever changing Tahini River, training the dogs for sledding season, soaking in hot springs and taking in the Northern Lights.
- what’s included
- YOUR CHECKLIST
Here’s the plan…
Sunday, September 15th
Welcome to the Yukon! We cannot wait for you to join us on this bucket list trip of a lifetime!
Muktuk Adventures, our partner in this trip will greet you at the airport and shuttle you to our cozy cabins. Fly in anytime today!
After you settle in, join the rest of the crew for a welcome dinner and toast to the next adventure-packed 4 days to come!
Enjoy a view from the deck of the northern lights while partaking in hot drinks, snacks, and instructions on how to best use your camera to capture the view!
Monday September 16th
Now that you’ve enjoyed a good night’s rest, we’re off to the river! A scenic drive will take us to the put-in where we partner up with 2 people per boat. From there, we will paddle on the Tahini River enjoying the fall colours and maybe even a beaver or two. During the trip, we’ll enjoy a break for lunch and a bonfire.
After our morning on the water, we’ll head back to base, greeted by the sled dogs for cuddles and, of course, more adventure! For the rest of the afternoon, we’ll get pulled by the pups, enjoying each other and the gorgeous scenery.
And just like every evening, we’ll have another opportunity to catch the northern lights in all their glory.
Tuesday September 17th
In the morning, we’ll drive over and take a walk through the preserve for a couple hours. The loop is about 5km with opportunity to see Yukon wildlife up close!
We’ll stop at a local coffee roaster for snack and refreshment after our wildlife tour.
The afternoon will be spent at the hot springs where natural warm water fills the outdoor pool.
It’s back to the base for dinner and more aurora watching!
Wednesday September 18th
With an early start around 8am, we’ll make our way to Kluane National Park for an all-day hike.
The hike in Kluane will most likely be Kings Throne, the trail head is at Lake and it is one of the more challenging day hikes with amazing views.
If that hike proves to be too challenging, we will choose another hike!
You can expect some amazing views and memorable moments together. Sack lunches will be packed for the day’s adventure and we plan to make it back to our cabins by dinner.
The evening will be spent recounting the week’s most spectacular moments.
Thursday September 19th
And just like that, the week flew by with many memorable moments and new best friends. It’s now time to pack up and bring the magic home with us.
Unless you depart at 6am, breakfast will be included.
Fly out anytime today!
- Accommodations. We will be staying in 2-3 rustic wood cabins that each contain a wood stove, living room and bedrooms. They also include a propane stove and fridge to store snacks and make coffee and tea.
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hearty and home cooked. Expect meals with local game such as bison and elk. Sweets for dessert and tasty, potable water will also be available. Please notify us of any dietary restrictions.
- Activities including: private guided hike in Klaune National Park, canoe trip through the Tahini River, Wildlife preserve hike, Hot springs, training for the sled dogs.
- Transportation throughout the Yukon. Just get yourself to the airport and we will do the rest!
- Sheets, pillows, duvets, towels, outdoor fall clothing (parka, pants, boots) all meals, all admission fees.
- Small group of women of just 8 including your host Devan.
You’ll need to provide…
- Flights to and from the Yukon
- Alcohol: If you’d like to stop at a liquor store after airport pickup for your own drinks, please tell your driver. You may keep as much drink as you’d like in your cabin, but for licensing purposes, we may not bring it to the main lodge during meals.
- On the day we visit the coffee roaster, one drink and treat is provided, but you may pay for additional goodies if you choose. Muktuk Adventures also has Hoodies and Hats for sale if you’d like to bring one home.
- Gear: Sunglasses, A good rain coat and rain pants, Headlamps are recommended, Bugs might be around, so a bug repellant you prefer (there is no spray on site)For the full day paddling, it is recommended (but not necessary) to bring the following: Paddling shoes and gloves. If you don’t want to bring/buy those, water resistance boots with warm socks will work well. For clothing, please note that temperatures can range from -5° to +20° C so layers will be very important.
Let’s get you there…
Payment Plan in 6 easy payments is available at checkout.
BOOK YOUR TRIP
September 15-19th, 2019
Places are limited
How are Women Who Explore Events different from other events?
The number one goal is to introduce you to other kick-ass, adventurous women. It’s all about building tribes! Our second goal is to introduce you to the outdoors. It’s quite the thing to witness, putting a group of women who are passionate about the outdoors in an epic location. We know it’s a cliche thing to say… but it’s where the magic happens.
Do you arrange transport to the event?
No. You are responsible for your own transportation to the events
Is food included?
Yes. Unless otherwise specified in the trip itinerary or information.
Is there a minimum age for this event?
19+ for all events in Canada. 21+ for all events in the USA.
I want to book with friends. How do I do that?
The best way is to add all of the tickets to one cart, that way you know if we have enough spaces.
I’m coming solo. Is that okay?
YES! More than 70% of women who sign up for our trips, sign up solo.
Is a deposit required to secure my place?
Yes. Deposits vary from trip to trip. Check each individual event page for details.
What if I need to cancel?
Please let us know as soon as possible. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds but you can transfer your ticket. If you can no longer make the event, please get in touch to discuss transferring your ticket.
What is your refund policy?
Due to the nature of the Women Who Explore getaways, we don’t offer refunds. We do, however, offer transfers. You are responsible for finding someone to transfer your ticket to and arranging the exchange of funds for your ticket. If you can no longer make the event, please get in touch to discuss transferring your ticket.
How many people will be going to the event?
Our group sizes vary, but never exceed more than 20 people. This gives us the chance to really connect with one another and to make sure each individual has the best time possible.
Who will be managing our trip?
One of our awesome trained ambassadors will be running your trip.
Is there a strict daily itinerary?
There is an itinerary for each getaway, but we realize everyone has their own needs. When you purchase a getaway, you will join a private Facebook Group to work out all the details. We will help facilitate to the best of our ability!
Do I have to join in on all the activities?
You can still join us on the getaway, the ticket price remains the same. You are not required to join in on all the activities. You do you!
Are these tech-free events?
Nope! We happen to love social media and sharing what are doing with others. We find it so inspiring! You can choose to be tech-free, but we encourage you to share your experiences digitally if you feel like it.
What if the weather doesn’t cooperate?
Let’s be honest, Mother Nature never cooperates. That’s why we love her. Keep an eye on the forecast and pack accordingly. We never let uncooperative weather ruin our fun!
I have another question…
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org