Join Shannon for this exciting backpacking adventure where you'll discover one of the most beautiful spots deep in the heart of the Grand Staircase. Together you'll explore huge arches, amazing natural bridges, waterfalls, river walking and so much more!!
PS - This adventure can include all your backpacking gear so you can travel light! It's also a perfect opportunity if you have wanted to try out backpacking but don't have the gear yet!
We’re meeting in Cannonville, Utah. If you are flying in to join us, the nearest airports are:
Cedar City, UT - 1 hour 42 minutes drive to Cannonville - You can ride with Desert Wander from here. Your flight must arrive by April 20th at 2:00 p.m. MST
St George, UT - 2 hours 24 minutes to Cannonville - You can ride with Desert Wander from here. Your flight must arrive by April 20th at 1:00 p.m. MST
Las Vegas, NV - 4 hour 16 minutes drive to Cannonville. You can ride a shuttle to St. George and then ride with Desert Wander from there. You must arrive in St. George by April 20th at 1:00 p.m. MST
Salt Lake, UT - 4 hours and 9 minutes driver to Cannonville. You can ride a shuttle to St. George and then ride with Desert Wander from there. You must arrive in St. George by April 20th at 1:00 p.m. MST
Other Airports - A rental car from any airport or driving in with your personal car is also an option.
Day 1: Welcome to Utah!
Arrive in Cannonville, Utah today by 5:30 p.m. Meet your trip guide, Katie, and the rest of the group at the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument Cannonville Visitor Center at 5:30 p.m. From here we will load up and head to our accommodations for the evening.
Tonight get to know your trip mates as you enjoy a welcome dinner prepared for you. After a delicious dinner, we will go over our gear and load our backpacks to prepare for our exciting adventure ahead!
Day 2: Let the Adventure Begin!
Together we will leave Cannonville at 8 a.m. and make our drive down Hole-in-the-rock road to the trailhead. Today we will hike into Coyote Gulch entering through Crack in the Wall. We will hike 4.5 miles before arriving at camp.
Once at camp, we will set up our tents and settle in for the evening. Our trip host, Shannon, will be offering an optional exercise this evening where she will teach us about mindfulness focusing on what it is, the benefits, and ways to incorporate it into our outdoor adventures and daily lives. As a former Social Worker, Shannon has a lot of experience teaching others about this topic and she looks forward to sharing it with you!
After we will enjoy our dinner together and our first evening under the stars.
Day 3: Coyote Gulch and All It's Wonders!!
Wake up to the sounds of nature while you enjoy a cup of coffee and breakfast! Today we will hike 6.4 miles through Coyote Gulch where we will see Jacob Hamblin Arch, Swiss Cheese Falls, Coyote Natural Bridge, Cliff Arch and many other great features. We will take our time today as we soak it all in with plenty of stops for photos, lunch and opportunities to put our mindfulness techniques into action.
Once we arrive at camp for the evening, we will set up our tents before enjoying dinner together. Spend the rest of the evening enjoying the star-filled sky and with shooting stars. Tonight is our final evening together sleeping under the desert sky.
Day 4: Back To Town We Go!
Wake up with a repeat breakfast and warm coffee as you enjoy being surrounded by nature. Today we will pack up camp and hit the trail to hike the 6.4 miles to exit through Red Well. We will have lunch on the trail today.
Once we arrive at Red Well Trailhead, we will relax under shade with chairs and cold drinks to enjoy. Once the cars are collected, we will hit the road to Escalante, Utah - we should arrive at approximately 5:00 pm MST.
Once in Escalante you can choose to head home or stay to enjoy a yummy dinner to celebrate! Dinner is optional and on your own this evening. Those headed back to St George or Cedar City with Desert Wander will enjoy dinner before heading back. Please do not schedule flights or shuttles out until the next morning, April 24th as we will arrive in Cedar City at approximately 8:30 pm and in St George at approximately 9:30 pm.
After completing the trail today, we will hit the road to Escalante, Utah where we can find some yummy dinner, together or on our own to celebrate!
- ALL backpacking gear provided or BYO gear at a discounted price. If you opt to have your gear provided, you will receive a backpack, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, cook set (pot, spork, stove, fuel), trekking poles, chair, water bottles, water filter, and day pack.
- Accommodations in Cannonville, UT on the first night. This includes a shared queen bed in a cabin with two queen beds. There is an option to upgrade to your own queen bed in a shared cabin with 1 other women.
- Mindfulness workshop led by our trip host, Shannon, owner of Alpine Sisters
- Transportation once you arrive in St. George, UT
- Guided hiking on amazing local trails that includes specialized gear such as trekking poles
- All guide fees and entry fees
- All meals provided - Thursday dinner through Sunday lunch
- Hiking snacks
- Water, coffee, tea, and hot coco
- Women Who Explore swag
- Small group experience with a maximum group of 9 women + your trip host, Shannon and your local guide, Katie.
- Transportation to/from the airport if you arrive before the trip start date
- Alcoholic Beverages, energy drinks, electrolyte replacements
- Optional group dinner Sunday evening
- Travelers Insurance (required for international travelers)
- Hotels before and after the backpacking trip. Our tour operator can help arrange a hotel.
All meals will be provided as noted above. If you have any food allergies/sensitivities, you will be able to share that information with us in a pre-trip questionnaire. We will do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions but cannot make any guarantees.
This trip requires a minimum number of ladies to register in order for it to be confirmed. Once the trip reaches the minimum participant number, you will receive a trip confirmation email and a link to be added a private group just for trip guests where further trip details will be provided.
- $1,245 per person which includes all of your backpacking gear provided by our guide.
- $1,045 per person if you join this adventure and bring your own backpacking gear.
- Payment plans available at checkout.
Please see our Terms of Service.
Covid-19 Travel Policy: Please see our Terms of Service.
Questions? Please reach out to Lindsey Egan at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Images may not reflect the exact places being visited during this trip itinerary.
LEFT TO SIGN UP FOR THIS BACKPACKING ADVENTURE!