With a mix of adventures, time for relaxation and some outdoor education, this weekend has a little bit of it all!!
Wednesday, October 19th – Welcome
Welcome to Arizona! Our home base for this trip is Black Canyon City located an hour north of Phoenix. We will be staying on a 6-acre property with gorgeous mountain views.
Check in is anytime after 4:30 p.m. Tonight we will enjoy a pizza bar while we get to know each other and swap adventure stories around a campfire.
If you are staying in the home, please not that beds will be chosen on a first come first serve basis upon arrival. There are two homes on the property. The main home has four bedrooms with; a king bedroom, a queen bedroom, a trundle bedroom, and a room with two bunk beds. The guest home has a king bed and two pullout sofa beds.
If you are camping, please let us know the size of your tent when you register and if you plan to share it with anyone.
Thursday, October 20th – Sedona Hike & Jeep Tour
Wake up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee and a grab and go continental style breakfast. Today we are heading out at 7:00 a.m. to make our way up to Sedona for a day of adventure!
There will be a few hiking options available to choose from this morning as we will be breaking up into smaller groups to follow LNT rules. After the hike we will be meeting up to enjoy a packed lunch with the group.
In the afternoon we are exploring Sedona on a guided off-road jeep adventure. This tour will bring you on an extraordinary ride over rocky and rugged trails while you learn about the geology, desert landscape, wildlife and Sedona legends.
After our tour, we will head back to Black Canyon City to enjoy a group dinner that evening.
Friday, October 21st – Phoenix Fun & Outdoor Education!
Wake up with and enjoy your coffee in the sunshine while taking in the surrounding views.
A hot breakfast will be prepared as you get ready for our day exploring Phoenix.
After breakfast we will leave the house at 9 a.m. and head towards Phoenix to visit the Desert Botanical Gardens. We will spend a few hours exploring the gardens together.
At 2:00 pm you have the option to join us at a local woman owned gear shop, Just Roughin’ It Adventure Company in Scottsdale. The owner of the company, Debbie, will be offering a private class for our group that will touch on safety tips for hiking solo.
After an afternoon in the city, we will meet back at the house at 4:30 p.m. for an evening group class. Tonight we will be learning to cook over fire from a local female chef. We will be dining on what we prepare together that evening.
Saturday, October 21st – Montezuma’s Castle
Enjoy another morning soaking in the sun while sipping on your coffee. Breakfast will be prepared before we head out for the day.
We will be breaking up into groups today. Both groups will visit the same place and then we will meet back at home for BBQ dinner and evening activity.
During the day we will visit Montezuma’s Castle, the third national monument dedicated to preserving Native American culture and the rest of the day is TBD but likely hiking and exploring a small mountain town.
Tonight enjoy a BBQ dinner while hanging out around the fire. There will be an ending activity.
Sunday – October 22nd – Sunshine Hugs
Today wake up and enjoy breakfast under the sun. Check out is at 11:00 a.m. After hugs and more hugs, we will head our separate ways. The rest of the day is yours to travel back home or continuing on to explore other parts of beautiful Arizona!
- Accommodation of Choice (Shared lodging or camping)
- Deliciously prepared meals from dinner Wednesday through Sunday breakfast
- Pink Jeep Off-Roading Adventure Tour
- Entrance to Desert Botanical Gardens
- Cooking Over Open Fire Course & Dinner
- Educational Class with Just Roughin’ It
- Small group hikes
- WWE Swag, Games and Giveaways
- Specialty snacks or beverages
- Entrance to Montezuma’s National Monument ($10 per person)
- Travel Insurance
- Camping Gear (if chosen accommodation)
Lodging per person – $675 (13 spaces available) There is a combination of shared king and queen beds, sofa beds, and bunk beds; available on first come first serve basis.
Camping per person – $475 (4 spaces available)
Payment: Trip price varies based on your accommodation choice; see below. To reserve a spot, you will need to register via Eventbrite. After registration to confirm your spot you will have 24 hours to send the full trip payment to Lindsey Egan using one of the methods below. If your payment is not received within this time frame, your spot will be cancelled and released to the next person on the waiting list who will then have 24 hours to confirm their registration with payment.
- Venom – @Lindsey-Egan-3 or email@example.com – Please do not use the “Turn on for Purchases” option. If you do, then you will be required to cover any associated transaction fees.
- PayPal – firstname.lastname@example.org – Please choose the friends and family option. If you do not, then you will be required to cover any associated transaction fees.
- Other – If you would like to pay using a different payment method, please reach out by email.
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of this trip, payment is non-refundable at the time of registration. If you can no longer attend and there is a waitlist for the event, Women Who Explore can assist you with the transfer of your ticket. If there is not a waitlist for the trip, then you are able to transfer your ticket to another ambassador, however, you are responsible for finding someone to transfer your ticket to and arranging the exchange of funds. Please let Lindsey Egan know if you will be transferring your ticket.
Accommodations: Accommodations are for 5 days/4 nights; there is an option to stay in one of the homes on the property or the option to camp. See below for details.
- Lodging – If you are staying in one of the homes, please not that beds will be chosen on a first come first serve basis when you arrive at the property. There are two homes on the property. The main home has four bedrooms with; a king bedroom, a queen bedroom, a trundle bedroom, and a room with two bunk beds. The guest home has a king bed and two pullout sofa beds. If you are traveling with a friend and would like to share a queen or king bed, please reach out to email@example.com when booking.
- Camping – There are camp sites are available on the property. There is space to accommodate small (2 person) tents or medium (4 person) tents. Camping is BYO gear. If you are camping, please let us know the size of your tent when you register and if you plan to share it with anyone.
Restrooms: The restrooms and cooking facilities in each of the homes will be shared with the women who opt to camp.
Food: Dinner will be provided Wednesday evening through Sunday breakfast. Outside of this, any additional meals, drinks and adult beverages are BYO.
Pets: Due to the activities planned on this trip, pets are not able to join this weekend adventure.
Getting There: If you are flying, we suggest flying into Phoenix (PHX) or Mesa Airports (AZA) which are both about an hour drive to Black Canyon City. Alternative options include Flagstaff (FLG) which is about a one hour and 30 minute drive or Tuscon (TUS) which is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes drive.
Please note that if you are flying, you will be required to provide your own transportation for the weekend. We suggest arranging to share a car rental with other ambassadors or carpooling with someone driving or who lives in the area.
Parking: The property has ample space for parking, but we encourage you to carpool as much as possible.
Please reach out to Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions