WWE PDX – Winter Layers & City Trails Co-Hosted by Fjällräven Portland
Welcome to Winter Layers & City Trails, brought to you by Fjällräven and Women Who Explore’s Portland chapter.
We’ll start the day with some beverages & snacks and a short talk about:
– Making sustainable choices in outdoor gear apparel
– How to select season-appropriate clothing, including which materials are best, etc.
– A spotlight on Fjällräven, how they set an example for quality, sustainable outdoor apparel, and highlighting a few favorites for outdoor adventures in the Pacific Northwest winter season
After a little time to peruse the store, try on gear and purchase anything that might catch your eye, any ladies will have the option of joining Women Who Explore’s local chapter for a short, but beautiful stroll (any maybe put that new gear purchase to the test) on a short but beautiful loop that includes portions of Forest Park, Hoyt Arboretum and Washington Park!
WHAT TO BRING:
– Pack a supply of water and snacks, and maybe light lunch if you plan on joining in for the hike.
– Dress warm & in layers, bring gloves and a hat.
– Make sure you bring a rain coat or waterproof outer layer
– Shoes with good traction that can get muddy
– A light backpack to put layers and snacks/water supply in
– Wallet & ID, in case you want to purchase anything at Fjällräven
** PLEASE NOTE: Ambassadors are not wilderness first aid certified. This is a casual get together for shared outdoor enthusiasts. Safety is a top priority; please plan accordingly.**
Questions? Please reach out to Portland Ambassador, Kristina Bronco Marx, with any questions. Can’t wait to see you all and hit the trail!