- This event has passed.
WWE PDX – Tamanawas Falls Hike
January 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
We will be headed out to the beautiful & picturesque Tamanawas Falls in Mount Hood National Forest. This trail is a fairly easy 3.6 miles round trip, with 700 feet of elevation gain. There is a good likelihood we will encounter snow and ice, please plan accordingly and check the packing list for extra items to bring along.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Pack your full supply of water for the day.
• Pack snacks & a light meal.
• Dress warm & in layers. Consider wearing a base layer & bringing an extra.
• Warm gloves & hat
• Waterproof or raincoat top layer
• Gaiter and microspikes
• Shoes with good traction
• A light backpack to put layers in as you shed them
• Handwarmers & toe warmers (optional)
** PLEASE NOTE: Ambassadors are not wilderness first aid certified. This is a casual get together for shared outdoor enthusiasts. Safety is a top priority; please plan accordingly.**
Here is a link to more information about the trail:
Questions? Please reach out to me with any questions. Can’t wait to see you all and hit the trail!
– Women Who Explore – Portland Ambassador –