- This event has passed.
WWE PDX – Intro to Outdoor Rock Climbing #2
May 23, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
** THIS EVENT REQUIRES AN EVENTBRITE REGISTRATION. **
– The Eventbrite registration page will go live on Monday, March 16th, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. PST.
– Due to the nature of this activity, this event will be capped at 8 participants, NOT including the ambassador leading the event. In order to comply, we have to require each member attending this event register through Eventbrite.
** THIS EVENT WILL COST $115.00 TO ATTEND. PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 48 HOURS OF REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS IN THE EVENT YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND. **
– After you have successfully registered through Eventbrite, please message Kristina directly to arrange payment.
– If you have successfully registered for the event, and have not paid the necessary costs within 48 hours of registration, the ambassador reserves the right to cancel your registration.
– If you have successfully registered for the event and have paid your fee, but are unable to attend – it is your responsibility to find another lady to take your place and arrange for repayment.
– No refunds shall be given.
I am very pleased to announce the second Intro to Outdoor Rock Climbing event in conjunction with the highly-skilled teaching of Juan Rodriguez with AntiGravity Equipment.
Please note that we have designed this event with beginners in mind, you do not need to have any previous climbing experience to attend.
The actual climbing location will be determined closer to the actual event based on weather and conditions.
– Each participant must bring their own harness, helmet & shoes. (If you do not have your own gear, AntiGravity Equipment has offered to extend participants on this trip a 25% discount on gear. Please message Kristina for more details.)
– Each participant must sign a waiver prior to attending the trip.
– You do not need to have any previous climbing experience.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THIS EVENT?
• Transportation to and from Smith Rock State Park from the Portland area in a large passenger van, including any gas & fuel costs. A carpool pickup and dropoff location will be determined closer to the event date.
• A stellar climbing clinic brought to you by Juan Rodriguez of Anti-Gravity Equipment, focusing on techniques for dealing with exposure, footwork and upper body work.
• A sweet, sweet swag bag.
WHAT TO BRING:
* pack your full supply of water for the day
* plenty of snacks and a lunch
* dress warm and in layers; bring gloves and hat too
* rain coat top layer
* climbing harness
* climbing shoes
* climbing helmet
* chalk bag & chalk
* belay device, should you have one (A GriGri is preferred)
* bring a light back pack to put layers in as you shed them
****Please Note: Ambassadors are not wilderness first aid certified. This is a casual get together for shared outdoor enthusiasts. Safety is a top priority; please plan accordingly.****
Questions? Please reach out Portland ambassador, Kristina Marx with any questions. Can’t wait to see you all and hike together!
~ Women Who Explore – Portland Ambassador