- This event has passed.
WWE PDX – Full Moon (Ish) Snowshoe to Mirror Lake
January 11, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
We’re headed out to explore underneath the stunning light of a winter under full moon (ish) via snowshoe. The full moon is actually the previous night on January 10th, but we should still have plenty of beautiful moonlight to explore! *This trail sees a lot of use during the winter, so there is a good chance that microspikes will be sufficient if you would prefer.*
We’ll head to Mirror Lake, nestled beneath the snowy slopes of Wy’East and Tom Dick & Harry Mountain.
We’ll meet at the newly constructed Mirror Lake Trailhead, located just off 26W near SkiBowl West.
The gear list is a bit different for this adventure, so check below! If you don’t have snowshoes, there are several options for rentals in the area, including Mountain Shop & the Portland State Outdoor Gear Library.
Carpooling is definitely encouraged!
** Currently no pass is required for the new trailhead parking area. Overflow parking can be found at SkiBowl West, however, an Oregon SnoPark Pass is required to park in the SkiBowl West lot.**
WHAT TO BRING:
• Pack your full supply of water for the evening.
• Pack snacks & a light meal.
• Dress warm & in layers. Consider wearing a base layer & bringing an extra.
• Warm gloves & hat
• Gaiters, snowshoes & trekking poles
• Headlamp or flashlight
• Microspikes (optional)
• Waterproof top layer
• Shoes with good traction that fit in your snowshoes.
• A light backpack to put layers in as you shed them
• Oregon SnoPark pass ($5 for a daily pass, can be purchased online and printed, or at retailers like BiMart, REI, etc.) if you are worried about needing to use the overflow parking at SkiBowl West.
• Handwarmers & toe warmers (optional)
** PLEASE NOTE: Ambassadors are not wilderness first aid certified. This is a casual get together for shared outdoor enthusiasts. Safety is a top priority; please plan accordingly.**
Here is a link to more information and directions to our adventure:
Questions? Please reach out to Portland Ambassador, Kristina Marx, with any questions. Can’t wait to see you all and hit the trail!
– Women Who Explore – Portland Ambassador