WWE PDX – Elk Mountain to King Mountain Loop Hike
June 6 @ 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Join the ladies of Women Who Explore for a world-class adventure to the summits of two mountains in the Oregon Coast Range, that boast incredible views, heart-quickening scramble and stunning wildflowers to boot.
This hike is NOT for the faint of heart – we’ll be traveling 10.8 miles round trip, with 3,700 feet of elevation gain.
The trail is rated as VERY difficult. There are sections with rope and scramble-portions, this trail is not very dog friendly, although there are no regulations against them.
There are no reliable water sources on this trail, so please plan on carrying your entire days supply of water with you.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Pack your full supply of water for the day.
• Pack snacks & a light meal.
• Dress warm & in layers. Consider wearing a base layer & bringing an extra.
• Warm gloves & hat
• Waterproof or raincoat top layer
• Gaiter and microspikes
• Shoes with good traction
• A light backpack to put layers in as you shed them
• Handwarmers & toe warmers (optional)
** PLEASE NOTE: Ambassadors are not wilderness first aid certified. This is a casual get together for shared outdoor enthusiasts. Safety is a top priority; please plan accordingly.**
Here is a link to more information about the trail:
Questions? Please reach out to me with any questions. Can’t wait to see you all and hit the trail!
– Women Who Explore – Portland Ambassador –