- This event has passed.
Women Who Explore: Wisconsin River Paddle and Camp
August 3, 2019 @ 10:30 am - August 4, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
Please join Women Who Explore ambassadors Alana (Chicago) and Mattie (SE Wisconsin) for a super fun overnight paddle and camping trip on the Wisconsin River where you’ll get to meet like-minded women who love the outdoors and are looking for any reason to get out on the river. This is a rain or shine event for experienced paddlers and swimmers only.
Spots will be limited on this trip. Please only RSVP if you plan on coming. If something comes up, please cancel with 48 hrs notice. After RSVPing fill out the Women Who Explore Waiver here.
We will meet at 10:30 AM on Saturday at the Peck’s Landing (Hwy 23) Boat Launch in Spring Green, WI. Once everyone arrives, we will pack up the boats, shuttle vehicles and get ready to take off.
We will paddle and enjoy the river the whole day. Then we will set up camp on a sandbar, make dinner and gather around a fire with music and new friends.
Takeout will be Sunday AM at the Gotham Boat Launch.
Paddle length – 13 miles.
- Canoe or Kayak and paddle (If you do not have a boat but would like to come on the trip, please reach out to one of the ambassadors)
- Life Jacket (with Whistle optional)
- Camp Chair
- Sleeping bag and pillow (in dry bag)
- Clothes – be sure to pack for the weather forecast, towel, swimsuit and other personal items (in dry bag)
- Personal cooler for food and drinks with ice
- Food for lunch, dinner and breakfast/snacks, along with the kitchen/cooking items you’d need
- Drinks (Please feel free to bring alcohol, but don’t forget water). BUT NO GLASS WHATSOEVER (liquor or beer bottles, pickle jars, etc.). This is strictly enforced by the WI DNR and is punishable by a fine of up to $739. They will ask to check coolers. If you’d like to bring something that comes in glass, transfer it into a reusable plastic bottle or container before the trip.
- Bug Spray
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Garbage Bag – This is a Leave No Trace trip. If you pack it in, you pack it out.
- Optional – Dry box for phone, keys, wallet.