- This event has passed.
Women Who Explore Victoria Snowshoeing hike Kludahk Ridge
March 22, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
We will all be meeting at the China Beach parking lot that is the beginning of the Juan De Fuca Trailhead. You will find me in the blue Rav4 in the bright purple Arc’teryx. From there at 9:45am, we will start the drive to the trail head in appropriate vehicles with snow tires and clearance for logging roads. (If you want to carpool from Victoria we can arrange that).
Please note that this is not a guided hike. You are responsible for your own safety and gear. This is a woman’s only hike. This hike is about 10km in and out and will be in the snow. Expect 490m of elevation. Our goal is to hike to the Tea Hut and then on to the next hut before turning back to return home. Expect a full day of trekking with some technical uphill portions.
Suggested packing list:
- Snowshoes and hiking poles (you can rent these at SportRent Victoria)
- Appropriate layers for snow/wind and rain. This is sub-alpine terrain and can change fast (think a wicking sport layer followed by warm insulating layer with waterproof outer layer, no cotton)
- gloves and warm hat (bring extra socks just in case)
- Good quality hiking boots with ankle support
- Food and water for an entire day + a bit more
- Any medications you require