- This event has passed.
Galentine’s Day Hut Trip with WWE Fort Collins
February 13, 2020 @ 11:00 am - February 14, 2020 @ 11:00 am
Join Women Who Explore Fort Collins for an overnight Galentine’s Day hut trip in the gorgeous Never Summer Mountain Range. The Medicine Bow yurt is nestled at the base of Bull Mountain and boasts impressive views of Clark Peak as well as the entire Medicine Bow Range.
Winter Access: 0.40 miles
Winter Trailhead: Jackson County Road 41, 5.0 miles from the main park entrance on left side of CR 41
Elevation Gain/Loss: +140ft
Avalanche Danger: None
Winter Trail Use: Ski and snowshoe
Use Levels: Used by yurt customers only
Water: Snow melt
Description: We will meet at the yurt in between 11am-12pm and unload. This yurt requires is a 0.4 mile ski or shoe in. We will spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby trails via cross country ski or snowshoe. When darkness settles, we will spend the evening eating dinner, playing games, and star gazing. We will also enjoy a Valentine’s Day toast and dessert! After a full night’s sleep, we will rise to a light breakfast and some more exploration outdoors. Check out time is 11am.
Carpooling is encouraged. For those that would like to carpool, please message me to coordinate.
There is NO running water.
There is NO electricity.
There is NO cell service.
There is an outhouse.
Two days and one night at Medicine Bow Yurt
50% off rentals at Jax Outdoor Gear
Access to area trails
Taco bar dinner on Thursday evening
Light breakfast on Friday morning
Freaking fantastic views and rad friends
What to bring:
Large pack to backpack your items in
Outdoor clothing (it is very cold, please be prepared!)
Sleeping bag and pillow
Battery operated lantern (optional)
Camera or photo taking device
Small pack to wear while exploring outside
Water carrying device, filled
Don’t bring anything that’s unnecessary- think backpacking style of packing.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DETAILS:
• Cost: $60
• Max of 8 participants.
• This trip is nonrefundable.
• If a member is unable to attend, and has successfully registered and paid for the trip, that member is able to transfer the ticket to another member, but they are responsible for arranging for the transfer of the ticket, arrange for any payment between the two members, and informing the ambassador leading the event that the ticket has been transferred and to whom.
• There are no minimum number of ladies required to register for this event to occur.
• Once a member has successfully registered and obtained an Eventbrite ticket, payment must be received within one week. Ambassador Amanda Lane will contact you regarding payment after you register.
• Bed assignments by order of registration. (3 singles, 3 doubles)
*****friendly reminder to sign the WWE e-waiver before your first event! It’s good for one year!***
***please note: Ambassadors are not wilderness first aid certified. This is a casual get together for shared outdoor enthusiasts. Safety is a top priority. Please plan accordingly.****
Questions or concerns? Please contact Amanda Lane.